We created a new line dance...The Dragon Boat Paddle! Go Lois, Go Lynne!

Janet showing off her prize K2 powder skis
Dale, Connie and Lynne "getting their groove on"
On Friday night Mark and Janet had told us about a special open bar one year anniversary party set for Saturday night at one of our neighborhood bars, Urban Saloon. They had already signed up so we decided to join them for that event. We invited them to come over to the city early and have a drink before joining us for dinner at L'Oca Trattoria. The Urban Saloon is across the street and down a block from L'Oca. Dinner was yummy, the company was great, and we had a very good time, however the Urban Saloon party was ridiculously crowded. The bar ran out of the free drinks almost as soon as we got there, but fortunately the many TV sets were tuned to football so we did not have to miss any of that action. Sadly, one of the games I cared about did not end on a positive note. Black turned out to be a mourning color and not a power color last night.
This morning I woke up to the music and loudspeakers of the Philadelphia Marathon www.philadelphiamarathon.com which starts and finishes at the Art Museum steps. There was no more hope for quiet rest for this light sleeper so I bundled up and walked down to take in the action at that huge and very exciting event. There were runners from all 50 states and 38 countries including a huge contingent of Italian runners from Venice and Naples. For the first time in the history of the race, the top man and top woman were both from Ukraine. One of our ski club friends, Steve Arch, was running the half marathon portion, but I did not see him at all. I then wandered up to St. Francis Xavier School for their annual Holiday Bazaar. I bought chances for a number of different baskets of cheer, a 50/50 raffle and an iPod Nano. Wonder if I will be lucky in any of the drawings scheduled for late this afternoon? I had so much fun reading the student's work lining the halls. Their illustrated interpretations of Adam and Eve's expulsion from the Garden of Eden were priceless. My favorite phrase.."Adam and Eve were really, really, really, really bad so God just threw them out of the garden and they got cold."
This evening will a quiet one at home and there will be no alcohol consumed. Got to give the liver a little rest!
No comments:
Post a Comment