Thursday, November 13, 2008

It is a Cold, Wet, and Gloomy November Day

And, to top it off, my normal Thursday shift at Pottery Barn was cut yet again. Business seems brisk whenever I am there, but for some reason payroll is routinely not being met, or so I am being told. These are trying economic times in the retail world, or so they say, and yet wherever I have shopped in the last month, the stores have been packed. I hope this is not the beginning of the end for my "cute little Pottery Barn job." I would very much miss it!

So what did I do to console myself? I headed to the local nail salon/spa to use a 10% off coupon I had for a wonderful Swedish massage administered with great skill and strength by tiny Wanty. Wanty makes me feel tall and gawky, but she can certainly do a job on tense muscles. My back and neck have not felt this good since my last massage in May. She even took the pain out of my sore toe. I will need to remember those feelings later this afternoon when I head to the dentist.

Tonight we have tickets to the Philadelphia Orchestra so my day will end on a much higher note, literally!

No comments: