It is cold outside! Flurries are flying outside the window as I prepare this post, and more are forecast for the overnight hours. The local ski areas and those to the north of us are working 24 hours a day in order to lay down a valid base by this weekend, and any snow showers that come their way just add to overall elation that this cold weather has arrived just in time for the beginning of the holiday season. Enzo has discovered that he HATES being out on the patio under these conditions. He will meow squeak to go out and then immediately pull out his loudest possible meow squeak to be let in. When I open the door he literally comes flying in. He then assumes this position......
However, the real winner in this weather pattern is our old favorite Snowshoe, West Virginia http://www.snowshoemtn.com/. They received 31 inches of the white stuff yesterday and more is expected. They will open tomorrow! Wish we lived just a tad closer so we could head up this weekend to take advantage of those early season $29 lift tickets!
This has been a typical week, with the exception of Tuesday evening. We were fortunate to attend the Magee Rehabilitation Center Humanitarian Award Dinner at The Four Seasons Hotel. This year's award was given to Martie Gillin, a mother of 9 who started AIDS Alive! after the death of her son in 1992. The evening also featured a number of former patients at Magee who told what the center meant to them. One of them was Adam Taliaferro, a Penn State football player who was paralyzed in a game we were watching on TV when he got hurt. He is able to walk today without any assistance at all. Amazing! Needless to say the food and drink were outstanding. I particularly enjoyed the White Martini with Gold Flakes that was offered on trays when we entered the cocktail area.
Fortunately I have been able to work for at least a few hours (10-3) all of my regular days this week. Business remains very brisk when I am working. I am working with customers almost all of the time and answering just as many phone calls asking about product offering. However, the managers insist that they cannot afford to have me work my usual 9-4 shift. Puzzling, but by all acounts the payroll/profit numbers are simply not running where they were last year. When I left work this afternoon, I went to a CVS Minute Clinic and got my flu shot. Dale has already had his so we are both protected for this flu season.
Tomorrow evening we will party hearty at the annual South Jersey Ski Club Bash. This fancier dress event is always a good time, with an excellent DJ for dancing and many ski related prizes to be won. Luck be with us!
1 comment:
I want to go to the South Jersey Ski Club Bash!
Post a Comment