Thanks for a great celebration, Dale!
Yesterday I celebrated the 20th anniversary of the day that I said I would try to remain 39 in body, mind, and spirit, and so far so good.
September 23rd was a wonderful day in every way, and I want to thank all of you who extended birthday greetings to me. Both of my lovely daughters sang "Happy Birthday" to me, one in Italian :-), and my cup truly runneth over.
To start the festivity, Dale presented me with several surprise gifts, among them tickets to five concerts by the Philadelphia Orchestra throughout their official season. After I worked my shift at The Franklin Institute, I treated myself to a special spa pedicure. Having ones legs and feet massaged for 15 minutes is a true indulgence that I recommend to all my readers at least once a year! As soon as Dale got home, we hurried down to Citizens Bank Park to watch the Phillies take on the Atlanta Braves. I had a feeling that Dale had arranged the same sort of birthday recognition for me that I had set up for him in August, and I was correct. However, he made the arrangements early enough to do me one better. I had a "Phanstormer" appear at my seat midway through the game. He showered me with confetti and had me stand up while all the people in the surrounding seats sang "Happy Birthday" to me. It was ridiculous but fun at the same time. Sadly the Phillies lost the game 3-2, but we had a great time regardless. The Hall of Fame Club seats were super, and the ability to indulge in a Tony Luke Roast Pork Hoagie and Chickie's and Pete's Crab Fries without standing in a one hour line was a true perk. Add in the opportunity to enjoy crisp Pinot Grigio with those treats and the beautiful weather, and my perfect baseball celebration experience was complete.
I loved every moment of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment