As all of you know by now, and many of you knew before, yesterday was Dale's big day. Because it was a Monday, he had to work, of course, but his co-workers gave him some fun cards and promised a special lunch today. The weather was absolutely beautiful with much cooler temperatures and a bright blue sky so his walk to and from work was more pleasant than it has been for at least two months. That was just one of the little things that made the day such a nice one for him.
As soon as Dale returned home, we turned around and walked back to Center City for his birthday dinner. I let him choose the place, and using one of the coupons we had purchased a few months ago at an auction, we enjoyed a delicious dinner at D'Angelo's Ristorante and Lounge. This special birthday was toasted with Prosecco, what else? The Tiramisu dessert was one of the best we have ever had, and that brought a sweet ending to a lovely day. We were home in time to watch two more gold medal swimming events and to enjoy a wee dram before calling it a day.
On a sad note, I spent the day at the funeral of Andrew Rosini, 61, father of one of my favorite co-workers and surrogate daughter, Mary Frances Rosini. He was Deputy Fire Chief with the Philadelphia Fire Department, and he had battled cancer for five years. Although sad, the event was also a celebration of his life, and it meant so much to Mary Fran to have the support of so many co-workers with her and her family at the church, cemetary, and then big Italian lunch that followed. I could not stop thinking about how thankful I am to have my husband and the father of my daughters still with us!
I wish you all a beautiful day!
No comments:
Post a Comment