The bright sunshine of spring continues, but unfortunately the temperatures have risen out of my comfort zone. Today the record temperature of 87 degrees for this date was tied, after 70 years!
Following my morning yoga class, I put on a skirt topped with a cap sleeve t-shirt, finished the outfit off with a pair of flip-flops and headed out into the city in search of more of the new Phanatic statues.
I love that wild and hyper-crazy green mascot, and I am determined to find all of the statues. I also have to reflect upon the fact that all of the teams I love have VERY original mascots. After all, how many Testudos and Hokie Birds are there out in the world of sports?
This one is decorated with quotes having to do with the "bill of rights" of baseball rules.
The fountain in Franklin Square Park where I found my final Phanatic of the day.
I settled down here on a shady bench with my book for the Great Books class that I will begin next Tuesday evening. I intended to finish the first assigned reading this afternoon and start on the second, but the incessant and annoying music of the very cute carousel in the park got on my last nerve. I ended up walking over to Washington Square Park where I found another lovely shady bench in a breezy spot and was able to get lots of reading done. I do have to admit to a bit of distraction from the many tourist families walking by during this warm week of more spring breaks. I will never understand what makes women of a certain age and size think that jean shorts, short shorts, pull-on shorts or any shorts above the knee! are ever acceptable attire - especially when worn with "debby" socks and white, white sneakers, and were they ever out in force today!
1 comment:
What a great day! I am envious and love all the phanatics. I am watching a house hunters in the city in Philly and thinking about you. See you Friday!! xoxo
Post a Comment