Thursday, December 15, 2011

Stefano and Lidia

Stefano came to visit in mid-November, and he just generates fun when he is around. While he was here, we indulged in two of our favorite past times - wine tasting and enjoying some yummy food. After all, what could be more appealing to an Italian, too? Our friends, Mark and Janet plus Janet's daughter and her fiance', joined us on a jaunt up to Laurita Winery, and we had so much fun brunching and sipping and even taking a wagon ride about the property.

Stefano and I tasting the new Cab Franc beside the Laurita vineyard.


The proprietors were tapping the barrels of new wine and offering sips to all. It was very interesting and fun.
Our gang of tasters..l-r - Jen C., Janet, Stefano, Mark, Dale, Anthony D'A.

I have always loved to watch 'Lidia's Kitchen' and Lidia Bastianich on PBS, and when our local station WHYY was offering free tickets to her live appearance in Trenton, I could not resist signing up. Well, as a result of being one of the first, Dale and I were surprised with VIP tickets to the event! We were treated to a delicious dinner, some yummy wines and other treats, and a chance to meet, greet and chat with Lidia herself.
She was so friendly, entertaining and an excellent teacher. Her show lasted over two hours, and I have to admit that I picked up several tips that will make my Italian cooking even better. Thanks, Lidia! (She even looks a little bit like me, too. :-))
Wish this photo was not so blurry!
Lidia can talk non-stop AND cook some amazing food while performing for an audience. I can only talk non-stop! Darn!

No comments: