Ashley called me this morning and asked what I was doing today. She had nothing scheduled, and she and Claire were looking for something fun and exciting to do. When I told her that I had a Jimmy Buffett party to attend on special friends Mark and Janet's boat, she was ready to hit the road south to join in the fun. Within 1.5 hours of the initial phone call, we were ALL on board the "Lost Shaker of Salt" and into Buffett mode.
Claire, our little parakeet, had just the right outfit and "change of attitude" to make the scene with style. Of course, her BiBi was loving every moment.
Such a little party girl she is!
"How pretty am I?" thinks Claire.
Ashley, Claire and I left the party at around 2:45 so they could get home for playtime before bath and bed and so I could head to Citizens Bank Park for an event organized by our financial planner, Karl, and his company. Over 50 of us were treated to a wonderful behind the scenes tour of the ballpark plus dinner and drinks.
Sitting where my favorite players, Shane Victorino and "Chooch" (Carlos Ruiz), often find themselves during a game.
"Chooch's" locker with photos of his boys on the side. The youngest one is just about the same age as Claire.
It is funny how often a nice Philly event features such items as cheesesteaks and wings on the dinner menu. They were joined by mozzarella sticks and wings this time, and we did have a good choice of drinks. I overheard one woman say "Where are the salads?", and I admit that she did take that thought right out of my mind.
Ashley, Claire and I left the party at around 2:45 so they could get home for playtime before bath and bed and so I could head to Citizens Bank Park for an event organized by our financial planner, Karl, and his company. Over 50 of us were treated to a wonderful behind the scenes tour of the ballpark plus dinner and drinks.
It is funny how often a nice Philly event features such items as cheesesteaks and wings on the dinner menu. They were joined by mozzarella sticks and wings this time, and we did have a good choice of drinks. I overheard one woman say "Where are the salads?", and I admit that she did take that thought right out of my mind.
I had really hoped to return to M and J's Buffett party boat after dinner but alas Dale had a new work project that he absolutely needed to work on so we had to come home following the ballpark event. However, I am already looking forward to Buffett next year, and I hope that we can all party hearty together once again because, after all, it is always "five o'clock somewhere"!
Thanks to all who made this such a fun day.
No comments:
Post a Comment