An old and dear friend contacted me today and told me that she was missing my blog updates very much. She definitely triggered a sense of guilt in me, and I resolved that I would start to bring my blog up to date before any more time passed. I apologize to her and to all others who have enjoyed keeping up with us via this wonderful means of communcation. I will do my best to be more timely with my posts in the months to come.
The past couple of months have been busy ones. Between trips and family obligations, my days at home have been few and far between. Some of those activities were ski trips that were fantastic and full of fun while others were deeds performed and trips taken out of love and devotion for my wonderful family. However, there were some fun Philadelphia moments to be had. First and foremost among them were my two visists to the Philadelphia International Flower Show.
We first attended the show on Sunday March 6 with others from The Medical Club of Philadelphia. Dale and I spent several hours wandering the amazing exhibits and taking in the scene. Dinner followed at the classic Chinese restaurant, Ho Sai Gai in Chinatown, and the Medical Club was treated to a Chinese banquet dinner the likes of which I have never experienced.
I found the flower show so wonderful that I returned on Wednesday, March 9 for almost an entire day of wandering the exhibits, shopping from the vendors, and taking in any and all aspects of the show that I had missed on Sunday. This event is one of the greatest things Philadelphia has to offer, and I urge all of my readers to make a point of being in town one year for this event. The Brandywine B n B would be delighted to serve as your home base during your visit :-)
These artistic muses set the tone for "un peu de en plein aire"!
Carousel animals made of all natural materials welcomed all visitors to walk beneath "Le Tour Eiffel".
As you can tell, I absolutely love the Philadelphia Flower Show and I cannot wait to see what 2012 has in store for all lovers of color, design, plants, flowers, beauty and an overall good time.
No comments:
Post a Comment