Monday, November 29, 2010

Time to Deck the Halls

It's that time of year when the cold winds blow, there is a hint of snow, and all are filled with the winter holiday spirit. There is no better way to brighten the shortest days and longest nights of the year than to "Deck the Halls". That is exactly what I have done. I plan to add a bit more greenery, but here are the results to date. Come on in and take a look at the entry foyer...
the dining room...

the mantle...


and the front of the house with Greta all dressed up in holiday finery.

Oh, I did take some time out on Saturday to head down to one of my favorite warm weather locations for the lighting of the Phillies holiday tree..

where I was joined by a throng of fellow fans, the Phanatic, and super shortstop Jimmy Rollins.
Did a little ornament shopping in the shop there as well.

Back at home, I decorated our little tabletop tree, which was grown on a farm just outside of Boone, North Carolina...


and lit the Hanukkah candles that are being watched over by the mascots of all of our collective favorite teams. I finished my decorating while watching some Hokie football. Congratulations to the new ACC Champs!







No comments: