Thursday, August 12, 2010

It's 3 Girls and 3 Boys!!

It is with great pride, and more than a touch of exhaustion, that I, Nerina Slutskaya Mandel, announce the birth of 6 adorable kittens on July 30, 2010.
Primo, Secondo, Terzo, Quarta, Quinta and Sesta arrived over a 4.5 hour period between midnight and 4:30 AM. I want to thank my midwife, Bianca, for her assistance with the birth of my furry family. They are all doing quite well, and I am a very attentive and happy mother. I just wish that my midwife would let me leave the nursery every once in a while.
Can you imagine what it would feel like to have 6 hungry little mouths attached to you?


But, I love it, and I always fall asleep purring while they nurse.

Sesta

Quinta


Secondo
Quarta


Primo

Terzo

At two weeks old, their eyes are open, they are beginning to stand on all four feet, and they have learned how to play with their tails and with each other. A couple of them have even learned how to escape from the basket. Oh dear, I am already losing control!
Of course, I must admit that it is all my fault that I am in this fix, but what was a girl in love to do? Oh, I know that the vet said I could not be spayed due to my heart murmur and that I was not to be let outside, but there is just something about springtime with love in the air.
On one beautiful and warm morning in mid-May, I decided that it would be fun to take an early morning flying leap out of the second floor bathroom window that one of our favorite German houseguests, Chris, had left open just enough for me to squeeze through. I had been looking for a "man" but Bianca, my caretaker, had been keeping me locked up in the house. I was determined to show her, and show her I did! I miraculously cleared the air conditioner unit and the pile of bricks behind it and took off to roam around the 'hood for four days. I found what I was looking for and came home ravenous.
To my great surprise, I began to gain and gain and gain and gain weight until I felt like I was going to pop. I was also soooo hungry all of the time. In addition, I had the weirdest feeling of constant kicks and movements inside my belly. What was happening to me? Well, I sure found out, didn't I, and now you know all about it, too.
Anyone want a new kitten? Five are available, but we have made arrangements to have one delivered to Chris and Christiane as a wedding gift. :-)





No comments: