Wednesday, May 12, 2010

12 Days...

Yes, that is how much time has passed since my last entry. Has nothing been going on? Is there nothing worth reporting? Well, not really. We are always busy with a variety of activities. It is just that not all of them are interesting to anyone but the two of us or reportable for all the world, at least the world that follows us, to see.

Although there are no pictures to go with any of this, I thought you might find it interesting to see what one of our typical weeks is like. It will certainly provide an insight into our lives and give you an idea of just why life in Philadelphia is never lacking in interesting moments.

Sunday - Mothers Day!! We were in AC after driving down the evening before to take advantage of one of our free rooms. I talked to both of my girls :-), played a few games, did some shopping and then we enjoyed dinner at one of our favorite old school Italian restaurants, Angelo's Fairmount Tavern. I really love the eggplant dishes there...and the martinis, too!

Monday - I cleaned house all day in preparation for the arrival of German Chris E. and his mom on Thursday. I gave up my cleaning service when I stopped working at PB, and now all that cleaning falls to me. I have to admit that cleaning this house takes a long time! I also spent some time putting the finishing touches on the patio. It is looking particularly lovely this year. I had a hair cut/highlighting appointment at 5. Dale had a dinner meeting of the American College of Surgeons Philadelphia Chapter at the Union League and did not get home until after 10.

Tuesday - I went to my usual yoga class from 9:30 to 11. I sat on the sunny deck with a cool wind blowing and did some reading for my Great Books discussion class until the dark clouds rolled in. Spent the afternoon working on laundry and doing some ironing. I left at 6:30 to drive in the rain to my Great Books class at 7. Dale had the ski club Ski Committee leadership over for a dinner meeting to discuss pricing for 2010-2011 trips. They were still here when I got home at 9:30.

Wednesday - Left at 9 for the 3.5 mile walk to my creativity class from 10-1. Enjoyed an after class lunch at my favorite falafel/Israeli salad/pita place - Maoz. Did some shopping for supplies for classes and for visitors. Stopped for several minutes to watch Bradley Cooper and Robert Di Niro shooting a scene for the film The Dark Fields. Bradley Cooper IS super dreamy but Di Niro looked mighty good for an old guy, too. It was so strange to see so many NYC yellow cabs circling around on this one block, but in this case, Philly is serving as a stand-in city for New York. I quickly headed to the Rosenbach Museum for a class on Shakespeare from 3-4. Did a little more shopping then headed home. I found a very fun card waiting for me in the mail. I practiced the color techniques that we learned in class today while watching the Phillies versus the Rockies in the first game of their cold doubleheader from Denver. Took care of a few phone calls and ran the vacumn for a last time before our visitors arrive. Dale went to the full ski club Ski Committee meeting in Cherry Hill.

Thursday - I will head to my Yoga class from 9-10. Next up will be breakfast food shopping for The Brandywine B and B. I will wash sheets and change beds for our visitors arriving this afternoon. I then have a 2 PM manicure appointment that I won in a contest last week. I will come home to perform a final touch-up of the guest rooms and get dressed for the evening. At 5:30 I will leave a key for our guests around Greta's neck and pick up Dale so we can head to Adelphia in Deptford, NJ for the ski club Volunteer Appreciation Dinner, my last gig as president of the club. As soon as possible we will head home to greet Chris and his mom, here for his NY bar certification ceremony and some fun traveling.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday have been left free for our guests, and only time will tell what we end up doing.

Such is life here in Philly!

No comments: