and nary a blog post to show for them!
Foolishly I went off without the camera, and I have no photos to show for the last two weekends, either. Sigh!
This written post will simply have to do, plus you can consult Courtney's blog, http://www.flemingfun.blogspot.com/ for the events of last weekend and a glimpse at a couple of photos that tell a mere part of the story.
First ...
On Thursday November 5 I took the train down to Richmond to spend Friday and Saturday during the day and Sunday morning with Annie then the evenings and Sunday afternoon with Courtney and Jeff. Annie needed (and wanted) to go shopping for a number of different items, and Courtney and I had agreed that it would be better if I took over that duty. In addition, Annie had piles of papers that needed sorting and explanations and general weeding out. It was with pleasure and infinite patience that I devoted myself to those chores, and in the end, both Annie and I had a very good time. In fact, at one point she said, "I feel just like a little girl with a giant sucker." and this while I was pushing her wheelchair at breakneck speed around Short Pump Mall! :-)
I was able to unwind with Courtney and Jeff both evenings with forays to two very different yet wonderful Richmond restaurants, Mamma Zu and Balliceaux. Who would have thought back in the day of Hot Shoppes, The Chesterfield and The Clover Room that Richmond would evolve into such a yummy restaurant town!?
Thanks, Courtney and Jeff and Ginger, for being there for Annie, for being there for me, and just for being such excellent hosts!
No comments:
Post a Comment