Rain has been the story around here for most of the past week. A front stalled off the coast of the Mid-Atlantic region brought the wettest, coolest weather since, well, since late June. This summer has seemed oddly short because of spells of wet and gray and cool. In fact, the sun has not shone here in Philadelphia for almost a week now. "They" said that the sun would return today, but there is no sign of that yet.
The work week flew by basically because we were so busy at the store. One morning I sold over $5000 worth of merchandise to one customer within the first hour we were open! We made our days by over 100% all week. If the Manayunk Pottery Barn is any indicator, the economy is definitely on the upswing.
Stefano has been here all week with the exception of Thursday night when he stayed somewhere between Harrisburg and Somerset. He will leave today for Montreal and Toronto and then make stops in Chicago and Dubuque, Iowa before returning to Italy in about 10 days. It has been great fun having him here, and the opportunity to speak Italian has been a good refresher for me.
Yesterday, after a long workout at the gym, I went down to the Museum of Art to see an exhibit of early to mid -20th century art collected by Charles K Williams II that closes today. I discovered that I really like the work of Thomas Hart Benton, Charles Burchfield and Frank Stella. The museum was really packed with visitors from everywhere. I heard at least 10 different languages being spoken.
Last night Stefano treated us, and Maureen, one of our ski club friends who he has been out with twice while here, to dinner at 'Positano Coast'. We had a delicious dinner and lots of fun. I had squid ink tagliatelle with crab and sea urchin that was sublime as well as a delicious grilled octopus salad and fresh figs from Italy that brought with them a taste of San Domino :-).
When we got home, I checked the football scores. I was delighted to see that both of tfanmom's teams were victorious yesterday..Yay Terps! Yay Hokies!
Thought for the Day: "Be Kind Whenever Possible; It is Always Possible" - Dalai Lama
No comments:
Post a Comment