At the beginning of November I bought an Amarylis bulb thinking that surely "she" would be in full and gorgeous bloom in time for Christmas. Oh, was I ever wrong!
Slowly, oh so slowly, the bulb put forth leaves, and slowly, oh so slowly those leaves grew a little larger and a little taller each day. However, Thanksgiving came and Thanksgiving went. Then, Christmas came and Christmas went. Finally, January came and January went. Still there was no sign of a bloom.
Ta, Ta, Ta, Da....Drum roll please! Today, while I was The Franklin, my dear amarylis burst into bloom. But, wait, did the box say this was really a Valentine's Day Amarylis?
Slowly, oh so slowly, the bulb put forth leaves, and slowly, oh so slowly those leaves grew a little larger and a little taller each day. However, Thanksgiving came and Thanksgiving went. Then, Christmas came and Christmas went. Finally, January came and January went. Still there was no sign of a bloom.
Ta, Ta, Ta, Da....Drum roll please! Today, while I was The Franklin, my dear amarylis burst into bloom. But, wait, did the box say this was really a Valentine's Day Amarylis?
"Isn't she lovely, isn't she wonderful?"
1 comment:
SO PRETTY!
Post a Comment